Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Politics is entertainment!!!

I've always said that Politics was dirty and brings out the worst in people.

Firstly, It makes people super competitive and that is enough to get me cringing.

Then, people start finding every opportunity to make the other look bad. (The concept of being a good sport just went out the window.)

Next, they plot and scheme and try to undercut the person in public and feel proud about it. (By this time, I'm tuning out.)

And the worst thing is, its all under the pretense of being NICE and FRIENDLY. Everyone has a nice big smile on their face and try to make jokes about it when they are trying to cut another person's reputation. This is deception in the worst form.

When it enters this stage, the funniess thing happens. I stop feeling annoyed about it and start enjoying the show! Of course, when it gets too bad and ugly, I won't stand being around it. And of course I won't do anything to spur on the competition. But before it comes to that stage, it's kinda funny. It's like being an audience in a battle of wits and skills. Who can be the smartest and best presenter? Who can win the audience over by their charming smiles and dashing good looks? Who can bug their friends to vote for them even though the friends don't personally think they are capable of such a task?

Do you see all these during even a simple group election? I do and currently am. And Boy am I being entertained!

No comments: