Saturday, April 29, 2006

Equally Yoked




I'm learning more and more why God wants us to marry and give ourselves to someone who has the same beliefs and mission in life as us.

Seeing people around me argue with their boyfriends over alcohol and gambling, and the amount of time and energy wasted on this, is really an eye opener.

When God commanded us to bond that closely with another who loves Him deeply, He just wants to save us the pain and heart ache caused when we bond with someone who does not want to serve Him. Alcohol and gambling are just some ways that it shows where are priorities lie.

Yes, simple quarks of each other can and will probably have to be worked out. But if a couple is together because they both love the Lord deeply and the relationship is rooted in obedience and service to God, then arguments like those will probably never blow up to the depth and I am seeing that happen around me.

I pray that God will show and guide me so that I may choose wisely.

No comments: