Tuesday, August 23, 2005

My Arrival

I'm safe and sound!! I arrived yesterday evening and was picked up by a student from the school. Unfortunately, 2 of my 3 check in bags didn't make it. They got stuck in Chicago because we only had 30 to 45 mins to our next flight and it was so rushed... immigration and baggage collections took eternity.

I walked into my apartment into a roomful of people. 2 of my roommates were there. along with one of them boyfriends and a roomful of guys. Boy was it a shocker!! Didn't expect so many people!

So anyway, they were nice and helped me carry what bags I had into my room. The apartment is nice. big enough for us. the living room is nice too. the girls have done up the place nicely and it feels homely. the only bare and undecorated place is my room, because both me and my roommate have not been there to do it.

I unpacked some of my bags and then went to bathe and then crashed into bed at 10:30pm.

Woke up this morning at 4 am FREEZING. The blanket that the intl students loaned me was THIN. Boy, I wished I had my comforter... its in my bags stuck in chicago. I put on my jacket and a thick pair of socks and went back to
sleep. Woke up at 7am because I couldn't sleep anymore.

I went to eat some breakfast and met up with a few people that I met at the airport yesterday as they were being picked up too. All 3 of them are japanese. There are a lot of japanese in this school. Then we went to meet with the intl student advisor.

We then went to get our textbooks and supplies from the bookstore. Then went home to dump them at home. I then went to collect the bags that have arrived from Chicago from the International Center. Thankfully, one of my room mates was around and helped me to lug one bag. I took the very heavy bag and it was so tiring and hard dragging it back to the apartment. Thankfully, halfway, this ground attendant was passing by on a cart and he was nice enough to drive me and the suitcase back to my apartment. then one parent of another student helped me carry it up to staircase to me floor (only one flight of stairs thankfully).

Now, I'm unpacking everything. In a minute, I'll run to the supermarket with my room mate and her boyfriend to get some hangers. I'll get the other stuff tomorrow when I go there with the International students.

See ya!!!

3 comments: