Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Voice of an Angel

I just came back from Corrinne May's concert!!! wohoo! It was SELL OUT! All 1600 seats SOLD!!!!!! The response from the audience was EXTREMELY good!! And if you know singaporean audiences, we are a hard bunch to please. But she got us all laughing and mesmerised by her! We even clapped so long she had to do encore after encore!! here's a run down of the concert:

Corrinne looked STUNNING!!! She is tallll, esp for a Singaporean. Longgg legs. Her hubby looked adorable!! hehehe, like a cuddly teddy bear!!

Corrinne went through pretty much most of her songs in the 2 albums! I was so impressed by how on-pitch and passionate she was!! At the first song, she was a bit nervous and didn't dare to look at the audience, but after getting into the song, she loosened right up!!

She is so natural on stage and not "acted". Her jokes were funny and impromptu and I loved when she explained each song's meaning and beginnings!! Gives me better insight into how much of her life goes into her songs!!

The mic incident was hilarious. After a song, her mic suddenly couldn't work. so while the mic people went and set up a nice one, she entertained us by playing a random melody! I can't believe how talented she is to just come up with a melody and even some lyrics on the spot!!!

Oh, and her forgetting the line from "The birthday song" is hilarious too! It just showed her as a person like all of us and not a "more perfect than real life" singer!! I like how she handled every hiccup and bump during the concert! She kept calm and kept the atmosphere light!!

The song that touched me most was "Fly Away"! She sang it with all the emotions so well, that it really touched my heart and I teared up!!! It's really perfect timing for me as I'm leaving for studies too and the song really portrayed my mother's sacrifice the best!!

Oh and I also liked how she thanked her parents before the last song!! She "Saboed" her parents while they were in the audience by saying out their full name and even describing what her mom was wearing!! lol.

The encores were terrific! One person in the audience shouted for her to sing a chinese song and you should have seen her expression!! lol. She kept saying no way! her chinese was too bad! her even threw in one line of the ONLY chinese song her knew, some children song. lol. then she mentioned how her brother was listening to an interview she was doing on a radio station and turned it off because of how horrible her chinese was!!

Her family seem to be very closed knit and i'm happy for her!!

I'm still on an adrenaline high!! Can't sleep! It was AWESOME! I wish it never ended!!!!


Ps: Corrinne's blog link is on the right. Her website add: http://corrinnemay.com/

Go check her out!!

No comments: