Friday, December 08, 2006

Car Dream Busted

You know when you were young and you dreamed of owning a car, of being free to go wherever you wanted to with no worries.... POP!! The dream has burst.

Within this week, I've:

1. Locked myself out of the car when EVERYTHING in it, my cell phone, keys, the works! To make things more interesting, it was during the worst snow storm of the week. I was freezing, covered in snow and very stressed and worried.

2. Gotten a flat tire. Now this I know I had no choice or hope or not getting it. Went to get my license plate this morning and as I was driving along the road, out comes this big pot hole with NO SIGN and no WARNING. I couldn't have seen it coming even if I was searching for it, as it blended in with the road. I couldn't change lanes because this huge truck was next to me and I couldn't slow down because the car behind me was so close to me. So I had to go through it. WHAM! Front tires took the brunt of it. Didn't realize it until I was driving this evening and someone told me of the flat tires. Went to pump air into the front 2. the left one worked out fine. The right one is busted.

But I have to thank God for giving me so many people who helped me out. To the kind lady on Monday who drove me around trying to get my AAA membership number, to AAA who has come super fast to help me out for free, to the random guy at the gas station who helped me look at my tire and to the Holy Spirit who helped me stay calm and listened to my pleas of help.

Ah.. responsibilities... Bummer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh honey ... just remember that you are going home on Wednesday! To warm Singapore!

I'm going to send you the book next-day on Monday so that you'll get it on Tuesday before you leave. K?

I'll respond to your email with details about the kiddos. Have a wonderful time at HOME!